When you first arrive at Time Slice the building looks like a beautifully renovated greenhouse. The combination of glass with wood siding and brick/stone accents is modern and somehow invitingly rustic at the same time. The wood sides also are on a rail system, so they can slide out and cover the outdoor seating when it’s raining!

Time Slice Exterior

There is limited parking in the front, but in the back of the building there is plenty so check there if the front lot is full. Although the building from the outside is beautiful, it pales in comparison to the main seating area. When I walked into the front doors I was struck by how grand it was. The main area is a large L shaped room that pictures truly don’t do justice. You are seated amongst lush plants and fully surrounded by windows making it feel like you’re immersed in nature. The day we visited was grey and raining, but I can imagine on a sunny clear day the views would be even more beautiful. If you’re like me and enjoy rainy days, I loved that it was cozy and relaxing to see the rain falling all around uswithout the annoyance of actually getting rained on. There is a combination of tables and chairs, picnic benches, and couches. The couches were by far the most popular, but we were lucky enough to snag one by a window.

Main Seating Area

Main Seating Area 2

I didn’t realize when I first arrived that it was two stories, but if you go down the stairs you’ll find the café and bakery where you can order. They have a large selection of coffees and teas to choose from. They also have an assortment of delectable looking cakes and baked goods. I didn’t try any this time, but I will definitely be back to try some of the cakes!

Desserts

Baked Goods

We ordered two our lattes and they were ready within a few minutes. They were served in to-go cups, but I’m not sure if that is how they are always served or if they thought we were ordering to-go. If anyone is searching for a vanilla latte that isn’t overly sweet (a constant search for me) this one is pretty good! The downstairs also had additional seating which was less grand than the upstairs, but still lovely in its own way.

Stairs to cafe and bakery

Regular latte and vanilla latte

Overall, my visit to Time Slice was wonderful and I’ll definitely be back. I’d recommend it to anyone looking to explore café’s either on a beautiful day or during monsoon season!

 

This article is written by Shauna Sanford Smith a PIEF Foreign Reporter