Wood Farm Story: Carpentry for the Whole Family! [PIEF Foreign Reporter]


I discovered Wood Farm Story though a Facebook advertisement and I am so glad I went to class! On a special outing with my and my 15 year old son Sam we made our own cutting boards. To reserve a spot in class I had to prepay through PayPal and then our spots in class were secured. Mr. Raphael sent me the Naver directions though text and sent a reminder text the day before class. When we arrived we were greeted with smiles and Covid check in. Then the master carpenter Mr. Park Byung-Wook introduced himself through the interpreter Mr. Raphael.

 

After brief, but clear instructions we were able to choose our cutting boards and patterns to wood-burn into the projects. We sanded, burned, and oiled our cutting boards for an excellent result. Mr. Park Byung-Wook show care towards me and my son by checking on our progress to ensure that we felt confident in our work. Sam and I were able to complete our projects in two hours and when we finished we were given nice reusable bags to take our project home in. I was given a trivet made out of wood and tile as an extra gift for coming to class. Mr. Raphael stayed for the whole two hours to facilitate communication.


I loved working with wood and creating the cutting board so much that I asked how to take more classes. That’s when I learned that if a group of three or more people want to take a class they can have a private lesson with a project of their choosing. We were able to choose the day and between morning or afternoon class. I asked my girlfriends if they wanted to take a class with me and I went back with three of my friends and we made a Korean lamp that used hanji or Korean handmade paper. We enjoyed sanding and oiling the wooden part of the lamp. We were shown how to make the lamps and assisted as needed throughout the class.

Finally Mr. Park Byung-Wook has offered a child’s class to our community and is happy to teach elementary age children all the way through high school age. I love this hidden gem and I look forward to taking more classes here.

Contact information:

Ph: 010-3168-3031

FB: Pyeongtaek Activity

IG:@wood_farm_story

Address: 268-1 Sinpyeong-dong, Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi-do

Naver: https://naver.me.F0kaSbgw


This article is written by Naomi Jacobs a PIEF Foreign Reporter

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post